Sex in the shower is a common fantasy. But there’s a big gap between dreaming about it and then trying it yourself. There are a lot of potential pitfalls when it comes to shower sex in particular… and not just running out of warm water. This hands-on guide created by Adam & Eve’s sex experts will teach you everything you need to know about having sex in the shower.
1. Set the Mood. Make sure the entire bathroom is clean. Nothing kills the mood faster than a cluttered sink, overflowing trash, and a ring of soap scum in the shower.
2. Make Preparations. Before stepping foot in the shower, you’ll need some appropriate gear. First and most important is a silicone-based sex lube. Water washes away the body’s natural lube, and it makes a horrible substitute. Silicone lubes are waterproof so they’ll keep working no matter how wet and wild you get. If you use a condom, it’s a lot easier to put it on in advance. Those wrappers are hard to open up with slippery hands.
3. Get Clean First. Foreplay in the shower takes on a whole new dimension of fun and is one of the best things about shower sex. First, make sure you’re both nice & wet. Then take turns slowly soaping each other’s body – making sure to get all of your lover’s nooks and crannies while paying extra close attention to their naughty bits! You can rub your soapy bodies together, or use sponges or loofahs with different textures for a massage. Remember to take your time. You might be used to fast-paced showers in the morning to make it to work, but here you’ll need to relax and take it nice and slow to fully enjoy the experience.
4. Get Down & Dirty. Now that you’re all warmed up, it’s time for some oral fun. Depending on how small your shower is, the easiest thing to do is basically kneel down and put your tongue to work while your partner remains standing. You might need to shuffle around a little to make sure your face isn’t under the streaming water, which can make it hard to breath. If you’ve got a detachable hand shower, you can focus the water directly on her clit for extra stimulation.
5. Get Even Dirtier. Now it’s finally time to have sex in the shower! If you’ve got a built-in bench, then cowgirl or reverse cowgirl is the best overall position since you don’t have to worry about slipping. Standing doggy, however, is a close runner up. Just make sure to keep both of your feet securely planted to keep from slipping. If there’s a grab-bar nearby, then it would help to hold on to that as well. Just be sure not to grab the curtain rod or shower wall unless they’re securely anchored to the wall and can bear your weight. Clean up is easy once you’re finished since you’re already in the shower!