Masturbation is Good For You!
Today we know masturbation is common among all cultures and even non-humans like dogs, cats, horse, deer and whales engage in sexual self-pleasuring.
We also know there's no harm in masturbating, actually there's much good — especially after you stop feeling guilty about it.
Benefits For Men
A 2007 article in the scholarly journal Sexual and Relationship Therapy says that masturbation has the following health benefits:
- Improves immune system
- Builds resistance to prostate gland infection
- Makes for a healthier prostate
Benefits For Women
- Builds resistance to yeast infections
- Fights pre-menstrual tension and cramps
- Increases blood flow to the pelvic region, reducing painful menstruation, backaches and pelvic cramping
- Relieves chronic back pain
Benefits For Both
- Safest kind of sex, free of STDs and pregnancy
- Stress relief
- Releases endorphins, boosting mood
- Natural sleep sedative (for some)
- Strengthens pelvic floor muscles for better sex
- Natural energy pick me up (for some)
If you're in a relationship, masturbation is also useful:
- Improves self-image about your body, genitals and sexual response
- Delivers intense orgasms and the ability to achieve them, share this knowledge
- Increase sexual awareness and what works or doesn't work
- Boost your sexual self-confidence to be a better lover
- Takes pressure off your partner if they are unable, or not in the mood for sex
Sigmund Freud once said "the subject of masturbation is inexhaustible," so here are some good things to look out for when self-pleasuring:
- Is the activity similar to what a lover's mouth, hand or body can do? If so, that's good. If masturbating involves extreme physical activity that cannot be duplicated with a partner, beware that it might make orgasm with a lover more of a challenge later.
- Masturbation is safe. Keep it that way with proper lubrication and care of sensitive skin.
So get out there and play...with yourself!
Adam & Eve has many masturbator sleeves, vibrators,
dildos, anal sex toys and personal sex lubricants to use in your masturbation tool kit!